Sunday, April 25, 2021

Why did I start?

 I get this question often. Why start a TeacherPayTeacher account? Don't you have enough going on? Well yes, I do have a lot going on between work, family, redoing my first home, and obtaining my masters. I jokingly say to those inquires, "hey I rather be busy than sitting on the couch like a lump". When I know very well the real answer is more deeper and darker why I started this shop over a year ago. I started TeacherPayTeacher as an escape of my personal life. I was going through a nasty breakup that left me with nothing and feeling worthless, because I was cheated on for a couple years and never knew it. So, I started this shop. I spent every waking moment creating and updating products. The first sale I made I cried for over an hour. Not because I made a whole dollar (yes, a whole dollar be very jealous), I was emotional because in that moment I found a purpose and that was to help other teachers who have the same passion as I do. To me how many sales I get doesn't matter. What matters is knowing I am worth something and people enjoy what I create. That I am a great person who has a creative, educated mind that despite all the hard things I have went through maybe just maybe I found where I belong.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gwendy's Button Box-Stephen King and Richard Chizmar

I just finished Gwendy's Button Box. It took me about two nights since the first night I had parent teacher conferences till late. After...