Sunday, April 25, 2021

Hope, Love, and Teach

 On this blog I will always be one thing honest. I think in our day and age honest is one thing we lose out of fear that we might be judged. Well here is my honesty for today. Today was terrible day. It was one of those days where everything could go wrong did go wrong in personal and professional life. From student behaviors to my own family struggles. I went home the day before do to a family emergency. When I returned today no one not even the administration asked if I was okay, because we preach about mental health but when it comes down to it we just ignore it most days. Maybe it is just easy for some people to pretend it is not happening. So I went about my day best as I could knowing every struggling hour I was getting closer to the time to go home. After sitting on the floor with a student for over an hour listening to them refuse to move and get up, because they wanted to do what they wanted. While calling me multiple names. I tried everything in my tool belt to get him up, but he wouldn't go. After an hour I decided I needed help. I couldn't do anymore since my patience was almost out, but I kept trying and I stayed calm. Finally, the student was calm and when I am mentally exhausted ready for the day to be done. My administration calls a meeting, because they think it should have been done differently. Even though this happens sadly often not just at my district but many others I want to keep trying to be a Mr. Jensen. Someone who cares about the students and wants to see them grow to be successful adults even if the takes unmeasurable time and energy to get them there. I just want to make a difference.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gwendy's Button Box-Stephen King and Richard Chizmar

I just finished Gwendy's Button Box. It took me about two nights since the first night I had parent teacher conferences till late. After...