Sunday, April 25, 2021

Tool Bag Item!

 Good Evening!
Today I wanted to share a tool I use in my Learning Center Classroom. It is called planned ignoring. It is simple when a student is struggling hold up this sign, so others around you understand they shouldn't engage or draw attention to the behavior. It also lets others around you know that you have the situation handled. I laminate the poster and keep a magnet with a clip with the sign. When a student is doing attention seeking behavior I place it on the locker beside them if it is in the hall and stand back a few steps, (this is why I bring the magnet). If it is in a place I can't stick it to something I hold it up for anyone passing by and make sure they aren’t giving attention. Along with this I am also not giving attention to the behavior. My paraprofessionals also carry one of their own in case they need to use it. Check out this product it is only for a dollar!!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Special-Education-Planned-Ignoring-Stop-Sign-Attention-Seeking-Behavior-Visual-5664364

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gwendy's Button Box-Stephen King and Richard Chizmar

I just finished Gwendy's Button Box. It took me about two nights since the first night I had parent teacher conferences till late. After...